In this document, IMG Sports Technology Group outlines what details about you are kept and why the company needs these details.
The Australian Privacy Principles (APP) provide the text of the 13 APPs from Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act).
Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 includes schedules that guide regulation of the way private organisations, including IMG Sports Technology Group, handles personal information.
The Act contains 13 Privacy Principles that regulate, among other things, how organisations collect, store and protect the quality of personal information. Also, how these organisations should use and share personal information with other organisations.
Notwithstanding the APPs form part of all IMG Sports Technology Group’s procedures and policies and the way personal information and details are administered by the company, the Policy also provides a specific framework for the collection, retention and administration of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
IMG Sports Technology Group collects personal information from clients and other associates to assist in providing our range of products and services. The type of personal information IMG Sports Technology Group collects about you may include all or some of the following: your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, company and/or business information, and any other details appropriate to the products and services provided by IMG Sports Technology Group.
IMG Sports Technology Group collects personal information when users: utilise the company website to lodge their personal details, resume, company details and information; change or update any of these details; or, send us documents via email containing personal information.
IMG Sports Technology Group collects registration information, which is the information you provide us in the course of registering for or acquiring one or more of our company services, for example, to create an account or subscribe to a newsletter. Registration information may include name, postal address, email address, gender, and birthday.
When you access and interact with IMG Sports Technology Group either directly or via an organisation who is a client of ours, we may collect certain information about those visits via cookies. Our servers receive and record information about your device, browser, IP address and other software information when you access our services.
The personal information IMG Sports Technology Group collects about you is used to correspond with you and assist in providing other products and services from IMG Sports Technology Group. If you choose not to provide your personal information, it may mean that we will not be able to provide these services to you.
There are other organisations that are connected to the services we provides to you and which may have access to your personal information. They are:
- Member and affiliated organisations of IMG Sports Technology Group;
- Web development companies – organisations contracted to develop and maintain the IMG Sports Technology Group website; and
- Auditors and Regulators – organisations that ensure IMG Sports Technology Group is complying with legislation and contractual obligations.
How do we collect and hold your personal information
If IMG Sports Technology Groups holds personal information about you that was collected for the primary purpose, providing our products and services. IMG Sports Technology Group will not use or disclose the information for another purpose unless you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
Your personal information is stored on IMG Sports Technology Group’s secure server. We do not, under any circumstances, sell, steal or share our clients’ lists with any other party, unless it is required by law. We also do not contact or market to anyone on our clients’ lists, unless you have subscribed to receive that information or it is required by law.
IMG Sports Technology Group will not misuse or change your personal information without your knowledge. We will not share your personal information with anyone who does not have authority to access your information. To make sure of this, we will regularly audit access to the systems that support IMG Sports Technology Group and make sure that other organisations we deal with have privacy policies adhering to the APPs.
IMG Sports Technology Group ensures steps are taken by our third party server providers so that personal information is protected from misuse; interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
- To provide company services to you, to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services, for customer service, support and maintenance, product improvement and client relationship purposes, as well as to enter into contracts with you or third parties.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if a payment fails. We use third parties for our payment processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To send you system related information. For example, we may let you know about temporary or permanent changes to our services, planned system outages, new features and releases.
- To provide customer support
- To meet legal requirements such as complying with court or tribunal orders
- To communicate with you about your account for informal reasons
- To send informational and promotional content that you have consented to or reasonably expect IMG Sports Technology Group to use or disclose for that purpose.
- IMG Sports Technology Group provides a simple means by which you may request not to receive direct marketing communication (ability to unsubscribe or make a request to not receive direct marketing communications from IMG Sports Technology Group)
How can you access/correct your personal information?
If IMG Sports Technology Group holds personal information about you and you request IMG Sports Technology Group to correct or update the information, we will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to correct or update that information.
Notification of correction to third parties
If IMG Sports Technology Group corrects personal information about an individual that we previously disclosed to another company and the individual requests us to notify the other entity of the correction, IMG Sports Technology Group will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to give that notification unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
How an individual may access information
To obtain a copy of your personal information, please contact IMG Sports Technology Group for advice on how to obtain this information.
IMG Sports Technology Group will respond to the request for access to the personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices as expressly permitted by the Act. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy of this Policy on our website. It will have a different date and version number to the one set out below. Please check our site periodically for updates.
How can you complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles?
If you want further information on how IMG Sports Technology Group handles personal information, or if you want to discuss a possible breach of privacy, please contact IMG Sports Technology Group in one of the following ways:
- By telephone on +61 (3) 9426 2600
- Write to:
IMG Sports Technology Group
Ground Floor East
600 Victoria Street
Richmond, VIC 3121
- By email at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or at any time, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Are we likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
IMG Sports Technology Group has staff in the United Kingdom and New Zealand who are privy to personal information in our console. Other than staff, IMG Sports Technology Group are unlikely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients unless expressly permitted by you.